Saturday, July 18, 2009

Jackson's 1st Birthday Party

On July 14th, Jack turned 1! I can't believe he is 1 already. We had his first birthday party with some family and friends. He seemed to have a good time and really liked the cake. He wasn't too sure about opening the presents but he liked all his new toys. Thanks to all those who helped us celebrate his special day!

Jack has been my challenging one....mainly because Ethan has been so easy....but he is such a joy! I'll close by sharing some of my favorite things about Jack:

1. I love his smile and how he lights up when he sees me.
2. I love the little chuckle he does when he is excited about something.
3. I love how he loves Ethan.
4. I love how he rubs my face and my neck when he is going to sleep.
5. I love his big brown eyes that remind me of his Papa's.
6. I love his sense of curiosity and to see him discover new things.
7. I love that he loves to go to Bible class.
8. I love that he is loved by so many and has so many wonderful people in his life.
9. I love the dimples in his hands, the rolls in his thighs, his little feet and the curls in his hair.
10. I love him from head to toe and I feel so incredibly blessed that God gave him to me!
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful family. I can't believe your baby is 1 already! I'm so glad you shared your blog it will be fun to see into your family life more. Very cute cake!

Angie Bailey

Scott and Denise said...

We loved celebrating Jack's first birthday with him. He is adorable if I say so myself and reminds me so much of his mother...

Gary, Megan and Beth said...

I'm glad that you finally updated the blog. I can't believe that Jack Jack is 1 already. He is wanting to walk so bad. I miss my nephews. I need to get Beth a Elmo bubble blower. She would love it. Considering the fact that she loves Melmo. (AKA Elmo)
We love and miss you all. Can't wait to see you in 3 weeks.
Love,
Aunt Meggie