Saturday, November 8, 2008

BOO AT THE ZOO

Our local zoo hosts a "Boo at the Zoo" event during the weeks leading up to Halloween. We have a family membership to the zoo, so we were allowed to attend free of charge. The kids basically get to trick or treat around the zoo. We went the night before Halloween, and it was packed. Once we got in, Ethan had a good time. He even got to pet a blue-tongued skink, a box turtle, a rabbit and a Guinea pig while we were there. The old feller holding the skink told us all about it and showed Ethan his blue tongue (the skink's, not the old feller's). The man pointed to it, so Ethan decided to put his hand there too and got really close to its mouth. I thought the man was going to have a coronary. "Oh, don't pet his head!" he exclaimed. Clean up on aisle 7.

As we proceeded through the zoo, many of the people there kept saying "well hi Ethan!" I just assumed that they were people that Mandy knew, but after a while I started asking who people were. After three or four times, Mandy finally asked me why I thought she knew all of these people. I told her I just figured they were friends of hers because I didn't know them. It was at that exact moment that it hit me...oh, yeah, Ethan's name is on his trick-or-treating pumpkin. Mandy got a good laugh out of that one.



































No comments: